Thursday, September 2, 2010

Its Been Awhile

Hello!
Well I have left the Maldives for the time being, be back there in October to pick up where I left it.
When I was on my way home I really had it in my head that I would be committed to maintaining a weekly post! Well that hasn't happened. Arriving back home has filled my days with other concerns. In large part most of the concerns are with spending time with my family so I have taken a few weeks off from the blog thing.
We have done a lot of cool things in the past couple of weeks . Some great photos to display but that will be for our other blog we do for our photography studio SophiePhoto. I will be sure to post some links on my facebook and any other place that will let me place a link!
Being home has been quite amazing indeed but still my heart is in the seaplane I left behind. Don't get me wrong now, I miss the family more than I miss the Twin Otter none the less I do miss that other life I have in the Maldives!

Who would argue against the statement " this scene greeting you in the morning is nothing less than inspirational!"


Mr Carrington leaving the lagoon at the Hilton Maldives. This was a great for me, done at 1300 , wind surfing after lunch and a beach villa close to the restaurant!


Chris Tuttle landing at the Hilton. That water is something else,amazing colour! I have to say though can be a bit tricky getting in and out of this place because is it as small lagoon with a lot of traffic not to mention the complications a big wind can provide!


Just before lunch I was able to get this one. Looks pretty imposing with those "cells" approaching! This one is also taken at the Hilton which is up
North in the Noonu Atoll.

Two of our planes shutdown for the day by the Centara Resort which is in the South Ari.


On my last night in Male I walked down to the surf beach. Here we have the look out where the surfers watch their buddies. The waves were huge on this day and I have many more pictures to post in the coming days.


Self portrait. Well not really I suppose as my buddy Muslim took the photo for me!
Well a short one this time around. I hope you enjoyed the images.
Rob





















No comments:

Post a Comment