Thursday, September 9, 2010

Male'

Hey there!
I just had a look at the calendar and it looks like I have about 5 more weeks until I return to the Maldives. As fall approaches the West Coast of Canada I am not about to say that I can't wait to to get back to the Maldives, BC is pretty spectacular and certainly being home with my family are at least two of the reasons I want to be here.
That being said however I am looking forward to seeing everyone again, flying barefoot and staying at some of the nicest resorts on the planet, to name a few reasons as to why! The Maldives to me are a special place that I feel very lucky to be apart of the scene there.
I am quite aware that I am not the first photographer to say, realize, that I often find myself observing the little details that make up my Universe. Not all the details, most certainly, but I do tend to see things slow down to the 1/60 shutter speed! With that perspective I find my thoughts wondering into a philosophical realm and in my opinion gives my brain some much needed exercise!
"People who try to explain pictures are usually barking up the wrong tree." Pablo Picasso
So on that note very few explanations will be given!
The Dhoni line up! Waiting for the call to take people over to the Airport.

The Island, city of Male', at the end of a long day. Sun on the western horizon soon to be gone 'till the morning.


On my last night in Male' I was walking back to the apartment when I had to stop take pictures. This was taken on the east side of the city at the surf beach. Experienced surfer only!



I wasn't the only one fascinated by the big waves.


Taken by the Airport Dhoni jetty in Male'.
It has been nice to have you back to look at the images I have been able to capture! I hope you will return for more!
Rob








No comments:

Post a Comment