Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Big Sky and Light Winds This Week!

Well this week the Western Monsoon took it easy on us. Funny how the weather can work but I am sure the thousands of passengers we carried this past week were happy to be here with the sun shining on them. Though the wind was steady it was really of no consequence as it barely rose above 18 knots or there about. Makes our job look easy!

Photographic inspiration surrounds me at the best of times and at times it really seems as if there isn't anything I won't take an image of! This week, after a little bit of rain early on,you could see for twenty miles or more! The rain filters out the haze and really provides me amazing visibility to fly around in and to to take pictures of.

Not sure how long it is going to stay this way as we are due for some bigger storms none the less in the few weeks I have left here I plan to take full advantage of the circumstances! Now when I say in my remaining weeks this is not to say I am going for good, only to say I will be away for awhile ,soon to be back home in the loving arms of my family!

Okay on to this weeks pictures!


Just can't get enough of the way these coral reefs and the way stretch out towards the horizon.


Row upon row and with such perfection! This shot is of the Eastern side of the North Male atoll about twenty miles North of the capital city Male'.


In this one I captured the image of the Eastern side of the Lahviyani Atoll just after we left the resort of Palm Beach.


I will diverge a little here and show you this image of one my companies Twin Otters landing in Male on the West bound water way.


Another landing shot. On some days we shut down at a resort for a few hours. On this particular day, after having a lovely lunch at Diva resort, I was able to take this one of one our planes landing just over one of the sandbars. Love the little girl in the foreground enjoying the warm day, though it made me miss my sons!


On the way back to Male' I was able to get this one of Mr. Branch and his crew as he and his crew cruised by the Island Capital!


Here is one of our competitors making their way up to the BAA Atoll. Love how the cloud provided such a nice backdrop!


Down south in the Meemu Atoll. Simply breath taking, in my humble opinion!


Now I actually didn't do a picnic this week but non the less I wanted to share it with you. Tied out from the beach because of the low tide and changing sand! Not to worry though when everyone is in bathing suits it is really no big deal to walk to the beach from here.


A little look at the office.


Such a unique way to spend your vacation. A water villa that extends out onto the reef with your own private pool!


Just look at that water, how inviting is that water!

Hey thanks for stopping by . I love to share these images with all of you!

Till the next time,

Rob

One of the barefoot pilots!

No comments:

Post a Comment