Saturday, June 4, 2011

The City of Male' In Black And White

Hi there and welcome to the blog! My ongoing photographic adventure through the Maldives.

Over the next few posts I am going to put myself out there and explore the area of black and white photography. With such colour vibrancy here in the Maldives it may seem a little out of sorts to go black and white. I think, however, there is plenty of reasons to render these images in black and white.

The Maldives are a unique and inspiring place photograph.I feel that the obvious contrast between black and white along with the simplicity of an unsaturated image provide another layer to the environment here.One that is perhaps overwhelmed by the colour that is simply everywhere.

So the next few posts I will be making are of and about Male'. The city and the people. All to be rendered in black and white. These posts will be more about my perceptive and the way I photograph my surroundings as apposed to me telling stories about my life as a pilot.

From Rob the photographer, Male in Black and White part 1.

"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Hulemale"


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


"Capital City, the Island of Male' "


Stay tuned for Part 2.

Thanks for the time.

Rob
One of the barefootpilots!

No comments:

Post a Comment