Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mee Raajje Show (a musical) : Tribute to Mohamed Hisham

Hello and welcome to the barefootpilot blog! Perhaps you are a returning visitor or maybe it is your first time to visit my online ramblings, in either case I thank you for taking the time to stop by!

I know it has been a few weeks from my last post and I am sorry about that. This past few weeks I have been so busy doing other things for the SophiePhoto side of our business that I haven't found the time to go through my thousands of photo's I have taken in the Maldives!
That being said I have made some selections for your viewing interest!

This time around I have concentrated on a local artist production that I was able to attend a month or so ago. My friend Reeman invited me and gave me great access to the stage to get some great photos!

I hope that I have the story right... as I understand it is a musical/dance which illustrates a tradition that involves the young men of a local island and how they would court their young woman through dance. As the production goes on it as if the young men find themselves so entranced with the music and dance they transcend the physical world and enter a spiritual one.

Please forgive and better yet update me if I have any of those details wrong!

Mee Raajje Show (a musical) : Tribute to Mohamed Hisham.

I have to tell you is was an amazing show. So much energy and colour!


I thought this post production treatment works to give you the sense of these old traditions.


I found myself transfixed with the looks dancers had on their faces and the way they moved as they danced.


As the drums beat louder the dance of the men becomes more and more vigorous!


One of the pretty Maldivian girls! They were so talented! The dance steps were similar to what you would see in an Indian movie though not completely. It had it's own unique Maldivian flavour to be sure!


Dance Dance Dance!



Such a fun thing to be apart of!

Thanks Reeman for bringing me along please look me up again for the next time, I will bring the camera again!

So no airplanes this time, maybe the next time!

All the best!

Rob
One of the many barefootpilots!

2 comments:

  1. How good is Maldives for scuba diving? Well, none of the divers can actually tell which is the best dive point or reef in the Maldives, because its too many. That's how good Maldives is for diving. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hI THIS IS THE PRODUCER AND MUSIC COMPOSER OF MEE RAJJE SHOW. ITS NICE THAT A LOT POPLE ENJOYED MY FIRST PRODUCTION. THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF MY WORLD.
    SCHAAZ SAEED

    ReplyDelete