Friday, October 29, 2010

Dear Andrew

Dear Andrew,

Buddy you left way to early!

It was so weird because I was thinking about you that day.That is before I heard you had left us behind.

I was up at the Hilton, when you were here last it was called Irufushi, it was still under construction. Perhaps you will recall how crazy that place was when the winds howled out of the west. Maybe you will remember calling me up on the radio and asking me about the conditions this one day and I told it was nuts, big water and that I would not want to take a full load out of there. I remember then getting back to Male' and seeing you have quite a "conversation" with some of the managers about the conditions! In the end you went to Kuredo and they took the passengers the rest of the way in a boat, good decision ,it was epic big up there that day.

I was so sure I would see you again. I am so sad that won't be the case.

I miss the hugs buddy. I am sure there were a few passengers waiting in the lounge that wondered why two pilots would be hugging each other on the dock. Really, though, what is wrong with a couple of guys affirming their bonding!

I miss the radio banter! Perhaps one of my favorite things to do. You know those conversations on the side frequency, those things we would say as jokes, perhaps to see who could say they silliest thing. Tell me did you do it to make me laugh or to entertain the others we knew who would be surely listening? I have to admit I did it for both reasons!

I miss that sneering smile. I miss provoking a response from you when you were making that smile!

Man I was so sure I would get a chance to see you again. The things we take for granted I suppose.

I miss seeing you smoking by the no smoking sign.

I miss hearing you speak you mind, the truth as you knew it.

I am so sad to know we won't get a chance to see each other again in this world.

I am a little pissed off at the Universe right now for reaching out and touching you the way it has.

I miss you dude. So many people here do.

We have been talking about you a lot. So many good stories, so many good laughs! None the less I can't help but choke up as I write you now.

May peace be upon you brother and I hope that in the next one you will be there to greet me with that smile and a hug.

I miss you Private.

Your friend Rob......

No comments:

Post a Comment