Saturday, November 20, 2010

Big Visibility And Light Winds

Welcome to my Blog. Perspectives and images from my travels around the Maldives.

This past week offered amazing weather for my week of flying. Well to be accurate I only flew three days because my flight time in the last 30 day period was on the high side. So there were a couple of days where I was given the task of more earth bound activities. Oh well I am sure to fly next week!

As I said the weather was amazing and offered many photo ops and once again I am having a hard time deciding which ones to post. I hope to get another bunch ready in the next couple of days to make a second post before I hit the sky's next week.

I have just updated another blog I am doing for our SophiePhoto business as well I have redesigned a few aspects of the sophiephoto.com website. I would love for you to have a look at those two sites as well. As always any and all input is welcome!

I always have thoughts in my head, perspectives to offer but this time I feel a bit more reserved. I hope that the images I present will speak for themselves.


As I mentioned my flight time is quite high so on this morning I was on standby until my first scheduled flight at 09:00. To be honest I was little put out at having to be at the Dhoni for 05:00 but with a beautiful sunrise occurring I soon got over it. There will be more photo's to come!


One of the many local islands that dot the Maldivian landscape. This one is named Mulah and is located in the Meemu atoll


A local island named Guraidoo next to the resort named Kandooma located in the South Male Atoll.


I love this view. I know , I know I have said this before but perhaps you are a new visitor! In any case the visibility was superb and it was begging to be photographed. This is the North looking view of the South then transitioning to the North Ari Atoll. The local island of Dangethi is in the foreground.


Took this one while waiting at Constance Moofushi Resort. Classic living the dream shot! I am sure if I hadn't posted the next photo you'd think I had just pulled up on to a beach!


It is a tight spot to be sure but the Twin Otter is more than up to the task. I managed to get a night at this resort the other day. Simply fantastic experience. I saw a lot of smiling guest's and a lot of friendly staff. Not to mention the Manager was a tremendous host!


Now for shots from around the City of Male'. As I was walking back from the airport on Friday I cut through Sultan Park. There were some poster boards set up by the organizers of a Child Abuse Awareness day. Some very compelling images created my adults and children alike.


With so much concrete and traffic in the city it is nice to have this green space. It's actually quite peaceful. Just the odd Fruit Bat flying around! Let me tell you those things are quite big!


Some amazing trees that grow here. Love this perspective!


I interrupted these fellows conversation to ask if I could take their picture. They were happy to oblige! Just something in the way their bikes were positioned and the way they were standing drew me to them. Probably something I would have over looked in my pre-carry my camera everywhere days!


I will end this post with a couple sunset's I caught. Seems appropriate as I started the post with a sunrise!


A father and daughter enjoying a sunset in the south west part of Male. A nice scene,compelling, made me think of my boys back in Canada. Home soon boys, home soon!

All right then I hope you enjoyed!

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much. I had a look at you blog as well. Your taking on quite a journey in this career change of yours. It seems that the aviation biz is starting to to turn around for the better so I wish you great success!

    ReplyDelete