Monday, November 22, 2010

Planes Planes and Planes With The Odd Landscape For Good Measure!

Well I managed to get another post off this week.

I am pretty excited once again to share some of the images I was lucky to capture throughout this past week.

Now my passion most definitely favours the mighty Twin Otter and those who are lucky enough to have flown this amazing Canadian built aircraft so this post finds the majority of it's images dedicated to the airplane.

This is not to say that this is all that my blog is about and if you are a first time visitor to the site please explore a little further down the page or into the archives as I think you will find some fairly compelling images that I have caught while touring around the Maldives.

It is an amazing thing what I do for a living and it has afforded me opportunity and perspective. Which I hope I have been able to translate into my passion for photography.

Hope you enjoy what I have to offer!


Lets start off with this smiling guy! Marlin from Sri Lanka.

Always enjoy flying with him as he tends to indulge my photography. Not to mention he is a fine pilot and easy to get along with during one our 13 hour days! Soon to be married girls so hands off! LOL!

That last bit I couldn't resist because Marlin has mentioned to me that his fiancee reads my blog!


More and more I find myself playing and experimenting with framing treatments.

I think they add a unique flavour to the photograph. I always keep coming back to this particular line of coral reefs that frame the Eastern edge of the Ari atoll. I always go a little gaga when the a clear,cloudless shot presents itself to me!


Again some experimentation with black and white and the frame treatment.


I great shot of Ken putting the Twin Otter into her parking spot. He makes it look easy! You can even see a few of the passengers having a look out.

People are always so amazed by how we are able to fit these planes into those slots along the jetty! Nothing like seeing an airplane parallel park.

I posted a video to YouTube a few years ago, I'll post here again for those of you who are unfamiliar with what I am talking about.




I think you'd have to agree this is pretty cool!



Ken is probably way to modest to admit it but he is more than likely the hardest working pilot at Maldivian Air Taxi. Like the guy he is I caught him sitting on the float eating his breakfast waiting for the next load of passengers!

Lead by example, no clearer demonstration of that than this picture!


With 8Q-MAT back from an overnight at resort the boys in maintenance are giving her a once over along with an engine(compressor) wash before they release her for the day.

The behind the scene guys deserve a lot of the credit for the safe travel of the precious cargo we carry everyday!


Just coming off the "step" after a landing on the South right water way.


There are certain times a day that the base is a buzz with activity! Pilots, along with Air Traffic Controllers that guide us in ,have to be on there toes to make it work out smoothly!


Captain Mark bringing her in for what will no doubt have to be a quick turn around!


Looking pretty cool there buddy!


Really is a sweet ride. Doesn't go fast but man can it land and take off in very little space. Especially welcome attributes when the Monsoon comes to play!


Who doesn't like a nice rainbow?


The one on the end is mine for the day!


Earlier in the day I was treated to a pretty nice sunrise. I thought it would be cool to show what it looks like reflected in the top of the wing!


Love these moments!


Most definitely my favorite shot from that morning! This a former Irving Oil aircraft that used to fly out of St. John New Brunswick. No more winters for her!


Well this is me doing what I get paid to do! Marlin was nice enough to snap a picture for me. My wife thanks you for that Marlin, me too for that matter. I spend so much time pointing the camera at everyone else I end up with only a few shots of myself.

Hey thanks for stopping by! I love to share my photo's and my stories. I also must plug my other site and Studio back in Canada. When you get a chance please have a look at our work at www.sophiephoto.com as well as our other blog.

It is with warm regards that I wish you well. Please stop by again!

Rob
One of the many barefoot pilots!

No comments:

Post a Comment