Monday, November 15, 2010

Otters Made of Aluminum Over The Indian Ocean

Hey there,

Well I actually managed two posts this week! I made the extra effort because of the opportunity I had to capture some pretty amazing images while flying up to the Baa Atoll the other day.

Captain Rodney and his First Officer Marlin managed to catch up to us and fly alongside us for a few minutes. They came up on our right side because as Rodney so aptly pointed out it was the best side because of the position of the setting sun.

So after giving my colleague Didi a quick lesson on how to use an SLR, not to mention instruction on how not to lose the camera out the window, we were able to capture these fine images.

Job well done boys!



If you look closely you can see Rodney waving a little hello at us!

These opportunities do do not present themselves often. I am so glad I never leave my camera behind!

Okay that bit of fun is over. See you guys in the morning!

A big hand to Didi for helping me out! A good guy and pleasure to work with. He is soon to be given an upgrade to captain. I am certain he will be a fine one!

That's all for now. I thought I would leave you with a glimpse of the setting sun as seen from the resort of Medhufushi !

Till we meet again......

Rob
One of the many barefoot pilot's
barefootflyer@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes MAT is upgrading to the Aspen system for some EFIS and also new Garmen 530/430 nav com. Very cool. We are also in the process to converting all the planes to Wipline floats.

    ReplyDelete