Monday, November 29, 2010

Picnic At Heenfaru

Hi there Blog readers! I have once again managed to get a second post out this week!

I hoped you liked the previous one which was centered around the streets of Male'.

This one has images I captured while on a picnic flight the other day.

After a morning of flying in and out of Male' we were given the afternoon picnic assignment. This meant we were to pick up some passengers from the lagoon in Rasdoo and then fly them over to the island of Heenfaru. Once we reached Heenfaru we had to back up on the beach and drop them off .After they all deplane safely we then taxi the plane over to a rope line where we moor it for a couple of hours while the passengers have some lunch and do a bit of snorkeling.

Now because we just dropped them off and then went to the rope I didn't take any pictures of us up on the beach. This is because the engines stay running while the copilot and cabin attendant help the people off the back of the float. This beach isn't very good for leaving it tied to our beaching stakes as pictured in a previous post, click here for a picture if you are interested in how that set up looks. Because I am in the plane holding the plane on the beach with a bit of reverse it is quite impossible for me to take a picture!

It was a pretty nice day for this and I got some pretty cool shots, I hope you will agree! Just as quick reminder , don't forget you can click on any of the photo's to get the bigger version to pop up.

The sky does look a bit foreboding but this isolated storm passed us by and only provided a nice contrasting back drop for my photographs!


Love these types of shots. The beach and water can interact so symmetrically at times that they simply beg to be photographed!


Black and White can add amazing character to a photograph. Perhaps especially when one of these storms passes by.


I was trying to convey an antique look with this post production treatment. I love experimenting with these frames and colours. Perhaps you can imagine that this shot was from days gone by, finding an uninhabited island and recording it for generations to come.


Wading into the water is test of my nerves! So very careful! It was worth the effort though and thankfully the camera survived.



You may wonder why the airplane is the colour it is. This particular one is custom painted for one of our customers, the Conrad which chain owned by the Hilton group. She's a sweet looking airplane no matter what the colour is!

Thanks for dropping by I hope you will return. I try to put new photo's and rumbling's once a week or so.

Rob

One of the many barefoot pilots!

1 comment: